3.08.2012

Wonderful Weather for Swingsets and an Epic CVS Haul!!


The weather here has been fantastic! So Scarlet and I have been spending a lot of time out of the house. We went to a park the other day and she had her first experience on the swing set! It was a hit. She was thrilled.


We also headed out to our new CVS this morning to grab a couple of deals. First off, this is not a normal shopping trip for me. I mean, I do well, often very well, but this was extraordinary for a few reasons:

1) A new CVS opened up down the street and sent out a bunch of coupons for free items (free Bayer aspirin, free Pepsi 2-liter, free CVS green bag tag, free CVS brand item up to $3.00)
2) If I went and talked to the new pharmacist, I got a $5 gift card with one of their "grand opening" coupons
3) I had a $10 off a $20 purchase "grand opening" coupon, too

This all added up to THE. BEST. SHOPPING. TRIP. EVER.

As I mentioned, the Bayer was free, the green bag tag was free, the pepsi was free, and I got the CVS disinfecting wipes for free. All together, automatically free items included, this would have cost me $43.90. I paid $3.64. !!!!! I knew it was going to be a good shopping trip, I just didn't really take the time before I left to figure out how good it was going to be!

The Dawn ended up being free because it was $0.99 and I had a $1/1 coupon, the batteries were Buy One, Get One Free, the grape juice was Buy One, Get One Free and I had a $1/1 coupon, the milk was $2.99 and it gave me that $1 extra care buck that you see in the picture (on the bottom of the receipt) for my next shopping trip. After the free $5 gift card for meeting the pharmacy team, my manufacturer coupons on top of the CVS coupons, and my $10 off $20 purchase coupon, it was enough to make me want to dance in the middle of the store. One package of those batteries alone was $4.39.

Man, if only every shopping trip could be THAT good!



1 comments:

Alyson Pace said...

I think you should change your name to Simply Amazin Harris.