Posted by Sara Harris at 12:59 PM
Posted by Sara Harris at 12:50 PM
Last night, NOVA (on your local PBS station) aired an episode titled "Cracking Your Genetic Code." It talked about how genetics are being used to play a role in diagnosing unknown diseases, how your genetics can tell you your probability for contracting known diseases, and the whole general premise behind Next Generation Sequencing.
- You have the DNA sequenced
- A programmer inputs the information into a database
- Then Jeremy uses the information in the database and inputs it into a program he writes to find out whatever they need to find out
- Then it's analyzed (this includes Jeremy, Brandon, Liz, Howard, and others, sometimes only some of them, sometimes all of them)
- Then Liz, Howard, and clinicians use the data for final interpretation and to determine cause and possible treatments.
- Local Write-Up of the NOVA Episode
- The story of Nicholas Volker and how he was finally diagnosed
- A write of a recent conference Liz went to and talked about GapMine - GapMine and what it does is mentioned in the section titled "Worthey Causes"
- My previous blog about Jeremy's GapMine project - with his poster presentation for the conference in New York
Posted by Sara Harris at 11:38 AM
- 1 Disney Princess Musical Vanity - $99.99 - Clearance for $49.98 - 50% coupon = $24.99
- 1 My First Disney Princess baby doll - $9.99 - 50% coupon = $4.99
- 1 Disney Princess Ariel Magical Fountain bath toy - $44.99 - 50% coupon = $22.49
- 1 Disney Princess Ariel bath doll - $9.99 - 50% coupon = $4.99
- 1 Mega Bloks 80 ct - $18.00 - 50% coupon = $9.00
- 1 Mega Bloks Play 'n' Go Table - $34.96 - 50% coupon - $5 manufacturer coupon = $12.48
- 1 Crayola Character Crayons - $4 - $1 Target coupon- $1 manufacturer coupon= $2.00
- 1 Laugh & Learn Pup Playhouse - $19.49 - 50% coupon- $5 coupon= $4.74
- 1 Laugh & Learn Musical Table - $43.69 - 50% coupon - $10 coupon= $11.84
- 1 Giggleable - $2.48 clearance
Posted by Sara Harris at 10:35 AM
It was a milestone week for Scarlet last week. Crawling, pulling up to standing, walking around in her walker, cruising the furniture, and sitting up all by herself--all within two or three days of each other!
Posted by Sara Harris at 11:18 AM
Posted by Sara Harris at 10:20 AM
Posted by Sara Harris at 10:59 AM
- 4.5 cups chicken broth (I used bouillon cubes)
- 2 cups of white rice (you could use brown if you wanted)
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning of your choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 leek, diced (just the white part--you could also use a regular onion, I just didn't have one)
- 1 green onion, chopped
Posted by Sara Harris at 4:15 PM
Last weekend was the 2012 auto show here in Milwaukee. We go to the auto show every year, so we were glad they had the same show sponsored by Motor Trend. It was a blast! It was in the heart of downtown Milwaukee and they had some really fun cars.
Posted by Sara Harris at 5:33 PM
Posted by Sara Harris at 5:12 PM